Sunday, September 14, 2008

Fairhaven Waterfront 15K

Yesterday was the Fairhaven Waterfront 15K. I was really doubtful of my ability to complete this race of 9.3 miles. I fretted about it all week long. I missed a couple of my short runs last week due to extenuating circumstances and really did not feel at all prepared for Saturday. I can't wait until the pictures are done.

It was worked into our training schedule as our regular Saturday long run. It is the longest stretch I have run since I got sick. I completed it, and I ran it at a pace faster than I thought I could. I am so thrilled. Even more importantly I feel great today. I recovered very quickly. I was able to go out and get a nice easy paced run in early this morning and I have no aches or pains from all that running.

We are having a perfect extended summer. I am so glad for that.

Next week we have a fundraising event to coincide with the move in weekend of WWU. Hopefully we will have a decent turnout and sizeable donations.

Right now, I am going to go make Blackberry jam.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish you happy and satisfying running, Carol! Interesting about your comeback from lupus. I'm not a runner myself, but I do bicycle and float rivers. My own photo blog is at http://tomrampton.blogspot.com