Thursday, September 20, 2007

Fall

Fall has definately settled in. I need to get cold weather gear. I have been putting it off, not wanting to accept that it is fall now. I have been running in the rain, and while I didn't mind it so much in the summer, it has a chill to it now that I am not enjoying. Trying to fit my runs in tihs week has been a challenge, but I seem to be able to find odd times here and there.

I have a rotten cold and ended up not running on Tuesday. I was feverish and just felt like crap. The thought of running was just a bit much. I loaded up on Emergen C and feel tons better.

Last weekend's long run went well. I was officially on my own and the thought did cross my mind that this was my opportunity to just blow it off. I didn't, I got up before daybreak on Saturday, made it out the door and got in my miles.

My knees and the backs of my legs get achy at about the final third of my run. I am not sure if it is posture related or gait related. It isn't so much a tightening as it is a dull ache. It is similar to when you have been sitting too long in a kneeling position and when you stand you feel that ache in the back of your knees.

I can't believe the marathon is just a month away. I am so excited and terrified all at the same time. I fear I won't make it and finish. I am having dreams where I forget to show up or I show up and the marathon is already over.

I am already wondering what is next when this is all done. I don't want to stop running. I think I might take a couple weeks off and rest, but I want to keep running even though I am not a natural runner and I spend a lot of mental time talking myself and my body in to running. I have had too many benefits both physically and mentally to stop at this point.

No comments: