Monday, September 24, 2007

Brrrr

I broke down and got cold weather running gear. I had to bundle up for Saturday's long run which was only about 15 miles. We have a 20 miler this coming Saturday and then we taper off. I can't believe it is almost time. It has gone by so quickly. I don't like the new shoes I am in. I miss my old ones. I scrounged around online to see if I could find a pair of the Mizuno's. The company discontinued the shoe I was initially wearing. I managed to find one pair in my size and ordered them. I am hoping they will be here by the end of the week so I can run in them Saturday.

This last week I had a hard time staying motivated to run. Between the rain and cold weather, having a cold and switching my running time from first thing in the morning to about 7 in the evening I hit a wall and really didn't want to run at all. I am still feeling a bit unmotivated and I am hoping the motivation I have consistently had until now returns soon. Maybe it is a bit of fear too, fear of the end of this big push and the doubting of my ability to even complete the marathon successfully.

No comments: