Wednesday, December 24, 2008

White Christmas and all that jazz

After our 20 miler, the snows and frigid temps arrived. I have gotten a couple runs in, a couple walks and a whole lot of extra tapering. The snow is extreme. It is enough that I am posting pictures of my world as it was this morning when I was out.

Running has been a bit of an issue. I have gotten out a couple times since the snow hit, but not like I should be. I went for a long walk today and shovelled snow. The marathon is in2 1/2 weeks and I am getting a little worried at this point. I don't own a treadmill, nor do I belong to a gym. I rely on being able to get outside and get my runs in.

We are snowed in - really. I didn't make it in to work today. It's crazy out here. I measured snow around our yard. The deepest pocket was 34 inches and the lowest amount I found was 19 inches. It's still snowing. It has been snowing most of the day. They say it is going to rain by Friday, but I won't believe it until I see it.

This morning I cooked a huge breakfast for the family. The boys dined on bacon, eggs, hashbrowns, toast and D had a German Pancake. Days like this I just cook and cook and cook. It keeps me sane.


I am going to leave you with a crap ton of pictures. On my walk this morning I got pictures of the Bald Eagles that here. They were really noisy today.

My House:



Front Walk:


Youngest Son's Bike he left out:


Nigel the cat:


Green Chairs on the Deck - the beginning of our snow and today:



The neighbor couldn't get out this morning:


Pasture down the way:


Youngest son had cleared this table of snow of 4 days ago:


Down our street:


Eagles:


No comments: