Friday, April 10, 2009

Still Running

I am still training for The Seattle Rock N Roll Half Marathon. I just haven't taken the time to blog diligently.

This season is tough for me. There have been a ton of changes and the big team is hard to get to know. I do like the intimacy of the small team. There is a lack of closeness that is noticeable to me. There is also more room for personality conflicts which has been tough for me to deal with.

I am getting faster! Woo. I have been doing Yasso 880's on Sundays and Tuesdays and it is making a difference - finally.

Spring is finally showing up. I can run in less layers, and the daylight hours are longer. In another week or so, it should be light enough in the early mornings that I can start morning running again. I really don't like running at night. Running first thing sets the tone for the day. When I run at night, it looms before me all day and feels more like a chore than something I enjoy.

And I do enjoy running. Maybe not the first mile, but once I am done with that, then I get in my groove and I feel like I can go forever.

So yes, I am still here, still running.

No comments: