Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Still searching...

Friday after Thanksgiving I got up early and headed to the old training trail. The morning was icy cold, clear, still. The park was pretty empty. It felt fantastic to run the trail in the crisp morning air. I felt like I was visiting an old dear friend. There were a fair number of runners out on the trail. I got about 6.5 miles in. It was really nice to be running on ground instead of the treadmill. I think back on on the miles I was running each week, and it feels like it was all a dream. I am running about 1/3 of that now. I am worried I will lose some of my gained strength and stamina. I am not big on running in the pouring rain, which is what our winters are made of. But I also came to the conclusion on Friday when out, that I really miss and need those outdoor longer runs. They keep me feeling centered and restore the peace in my soul.

1 comment:

Yahpee said...

=)

We're completely spoiled here in California..

I whine when is 47 degrees outside and sunny/... its too cold to run!

Don't worry, I'm getting over it.