Tuesday, August 12, 2008

General Update

I got my fundraising letter done. I will work on getting it in the mail by the end of this week. I am pretty pleased with it, if I do say so myself.

Saturday's kickoff was wonderful. We have such a great team. I hope everyone makes it through recommitment. I put together Nalgene bottles for my mentees and filled them with pretzels, jolly ranchers, dark chocolate and GU packs. Things many find helpful as the runs progressively get longer. We had a short run - 45 minutes on Saturday and then a fundraising clinic after. It was cold windy and rainy.

Sunday I got my 30 minutes in early in the morning and felt pretty wiped out the entire day. Yesterday I didn't do any running. This morning I slept through the alarm so that means my run looms in front of me all day long. I prefer running first thing in the morning. Then it is out of the way.

My youngest has strep and was up off and on all night. By the time I finally fell asleep, the alarm didn't register in my brain at all.

I am hoping the runs start getting easier soon.

Yahoo news has a great article about running. It reaffirms my madness and love for running. Running Goodness.

No comments: