Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Procrastination

Yesterday I really did not want to run. In fact I came pretty close to convincing myself I could skip out. Then I started thinking about why I am running and training for a marathon and the people I am running in honor of. They can't skip out of Chemo or radiation. For them it is life or death. And sometimes death still wins over life.

So I begrudgingly put on my running gear, drove to the track and ran. It was a great run and I felt so much better after.

I think I might have made it beyond the initial hump of running. I have been able to run the entire short runs on our training schedule with no walk breaks except a 3 minute warm up and 3 minute cool down.

I know that there will be bumps in the road, but today I feel accomplished.

No comments: