Sunday, November 9, 2008

It's been a while!

I guess I better update. I live in the Pacific Northwest. It rains - ALOT - in the fall, winter, spring and even summer lately. Our group has really lucked out since training began. Our long runs have been rather pleasant and rain free until yesterday. Yesterday the first 1/3 or so was not too bad. It was a little humid and warm - 65F. Then the rains hit - down pour. I had rain dripping off my hat. Then the winds picked up. The turn around gave us a great tail wind that pushed us right along. My shoes had pools of water in them. But you know, it was rather pleasant. I didn't mind the pouring rain at all. I suppose if it had been 39F I would have not been so content with the rain. Yesterday though, I was.

I am a little sore today. My calf's are tight. I am sure it is because I only got 3 short runs in last week. I am still struggling with the short runs. Fitting them in is difficult. I am in dire need of a treadmill. The cost is just beyond our budget unfortunately. This week I will be able to squeeze in my short runs today, Monday(supposed to be a rest day), Tuesday and I am hoping with any luck on Thursday.

The long runs have been going surprisingly well considering I am not getting in adequate short runs. I feel great on the long runs. I have energy, I am not burning out part way through and after I have little to no recovery time to deal with. I am bouncing back quickly.


I am still suffering from my fall. I have an knee that is a bit tempermental and some residual bone ache, but nothing that isn't manageable and easy enough to put out of my mind.


I am a bit worried about the fundraising aspect. I still need $700.00 and am not sure what to put together to bring it in within the next month. I will send out another mailing to everyone that didn't respond the first go around. I am also hoping to secure at least one more luncheon or even brunch. I have to cover it otherwise, and that isnt' doable! Eep.

It is pomegranate time. I love them. I used to eat them all winter long when I was in college. This morning's breakfast is oatmeal, a little honey and pomegranate seeds. Yum!

No comments: