Sunday, October 28, 2007

Letdown time

Last week I got a tiny bit of running in. I am losing a couple toenails, so running was painful. They are feeling better today. I did do some biking and rowing to keep moving. I find that if I am not exercising I get cranky and restless. This is such a change from last year at this time when my health had really deteriorated and I felt so crummy all the time. I can't believe how fantastic I feel every single day.

It was very odd to not meet at the park or the farmer's market to run yesterday. I felt a little sad. I miss it already.

I have started a new endeavor which has me very excited. I am taking part in a leadership conference funded by The ARC. It centers around learning how to navigate the medical, educational and political systems with regard to families that have members with disabilities be they developmental or physical or a combination of the two. I began this on Friday and had an all day training yesterday. The information is overwhelming and there is so much to take in, but I am very excited. If I can effectively lobby for changes in our system to get help and assistance for children and adults that are similar to my child it will be fantastic. There are some incredible people in the training with me, whose days are far more difficult than mine. I have incredible admiration for them already.

I do hope to begin training for another marathon soon. I am very antsy to begin a full running schedule again. My body is craving it and my mind is craving it.

No comments: