Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Catch Up

The Saturday Group run was really fantastic. I didn't want to get out of my warm bed and run that morning. It was pouring down rain and inside just seemed like a much nicer place to be. However, I dragged myself up and out the door and made it to Boulevard Park on time. The rain stopped, and the weather wasn't too terribly cold. The first half of the run is the most difficult. My running partner and I realized that the first half is a slight uphill grade for most of the way. The run on the switchback hill trails through Arroyo Park were a challenge and I really felt the burn in my quads. The trails were a bit slick and I slipped once. I discovered too, that when running when you step on a big fat slug they squish open just like a foil ketchup pack. My legs were adorned with slug guts. My lungs are really acclimating, my legs are taking longer to catch up and still get pretty fatigued.

Sunday I was supposed to run, but my legs were so wiped I took that as my day of rest and ran yesterday instead. My running time is lengthening and my walk time is decreasing. This really pleases me.

This morning I ran in sunshine. It felt so great. I need to get a baseball hat to sheild my eyes.

I have been working with a local title company and they are brainstorming with me for fundraising. They want to support me and they are looking in to a corporate sponsorship. Woo! The fundraising is the most difficult part of all this. I keep telling everyone I know. I have been sending out letters and am getting pretty brave at asking for money in a pretty direct fashion. I have to raise this money, the marathon is so important and has become such a huge factor in my life.

No comments: