Monday, June 18, 2007

Time to get started

I have been meaning to take some time to start typing, but life tends to get away from me and the next thing I know it is time for bed. I have been officially in training for the Nike Women's Marathon since May 12th. I have been humming along, taking the runs in stride and feeling pretty great, until this weekend. This weekend was tough. Maybe the weather has something to do with it all. It was cold, windy and pouring down rain during my runs. Saturday's run was pretty good. I love my running team mates and my partner is great. She and I have perfectly matched strides. It makes those long Saturday runs go by quickly. I had an emotional Saturday afternoon. I just felt exhausted and off all day. I woke Sunday to cold dark skies and a deluge of rain. I really struggled through my run. I got it done, but it exhausted me. Normally after a run I feel great. My mood is elevated, I am filled with energy and ready to tackle the day head on. Not Sunday. I just couldn't move beyond the fatigue and cranky mood.
I had a general feeling of being completely overwhelmed all weekend long. I didn't handle it very well and for that I apologize to my family....

Today is our official day of rest and I took it. I often will do something other than run on the days off. Today I haven't exercised at all. My body really needed a down day.

I have my first 50 letters ready to mail out. I am nervous about the fund raising aspect of this journey I am undertaking. I have a couple of event ideas floating around in my head. I need them out of the idea stage and turned in to an action.

Tomorrow I will run. This week we are adding time to our planned runs.

No comments: