Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Injuries

It appears I am working on developing an injury. Sunday I woke with a tight and very sore hip socket on the right side. I didn't run Sunday and I ended up not running on Monday either. This morning I felt could and didn't feel any tightness or ache so I ran. About 1/2 way in to my 5 miles I felt the twinge show up and I slowed to a walk for about 10 minutes before completing the run. It has been noticeable the rest of today. I will ice my hip tonite, work on some exercises given me by a PT to strengthen my lower back and take it easy tomorrow. I will at least walk tomorrow. It actually feels better if I am am up and moving. It is when I have been sedentary and then stand to move that it hurts. I feel slightly crippled. I am disappointed and must work through this.

Today I made arrangements to join the Spokane TNT for the long run when we are visiting in August. I am so excited since my Uncle is there for each group run.

People are finally starting to donate. I was getting worried but money has started trickling in finally!

No comments: