Saturday, July 14, 2007

Long Run

This week I have felt stalled. I set small little goals for myself and this past week I just couldn't seem to break the barrier to the next step. I felt a bit discouraged and like I was running up agains a brick wall. The heat wave didn't help much. I was up early and out the door by 6 AM running, but it was still over 70 and the humidity has been high. Today's run was the toughest yet. It was the longest distance and one of the hottest mornings. I did it. I finished the set distance in the set time frame and without my running partner. I missed her today. Having her alongside me makes those long runs go by quickly.

My hip really ached after the run, and my quads felt like over stretched rubbber bands. On the advice of my fellow marathoners I soaked my legs in ice cold water when I got home. I feel pretty good this evening and the achiness I had when I got home is gone.

I will get up and run tomorrow early - it is just a 30 minute run and then Monday I will take my day of rest.

I have been researching Yasso 800's and during our tempo training I have decided to run the Yasso 800 method. I am curious to see how accurate that notion is and if my 800 times can truly determine my marathon time.

More bright green envelopes showed up in my mailbox today. It gives me such shivers of excitement to see donations show up. It keeps me motivated and going.

No comments: