Saturday, July 28, 2007

Today's team run was tough. I felt pretty fatigued the entire time. That's what I get for eating a blizzard yesterday. It made a huge impact. I haven't had one in a couple years and it will be at least that long before I consider another. I imagine my lack of sleep also played a role. Aaron and I went to the late showing of the new Harry Potter movie so we didn't get home until 1:15 AM. I had to be out the door this morning by 6:15. :/

We ran our standard course - Boulevard Park to Larabee and back. I love the interurban trail. My favorite leg of the trail is running through the dark damp woods of Arroyo. This morning I startled a mommy deer and her young. I am the only one now left in my time slot for our team. Everyone else seems to have disappeared. There is still a large group of fast runners, but I am the only turtle runner. I misst having a running partner. While I enjoy solitary time, having a partner keeps me going and is a great motivator.

I do have my Ipod and I spend the run fading in and out of memories brought on by the music I have. I run through the ever growing to do list and daydream a bit. It has become a nice type of meditation.

The one thing about running on the interurban is I run in to someone I know every weekend. A couple weeks ago it was my old dear college friend Nick and his wife. Today it was a former co-worker Lisa who has become an Iron Man Athlete. She is truly inspiring. We had a great 5 minute catch up.

My legs are starting to really tighten up. I better go get some good stretching in.

No comments: