Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Time to update

Last week I was feeling pretty defeated and rather down about the entire experience. I am sure my hip issues contributed. I only ran 2 short runs and the long run last week. I was out of sorts all week long and it was difficult to even get myself out the door to the long run. However, I am so glad I did. I really needed that group run. The team members are so inspiring and uplifting. I had a fantastic long run in the pouring rain. Our run follows such a gorgeous course with bay views of the San Juan Islands, deep woods and a jaunt through Fairhaven. It just doesn't get much better than that. My running partner was absent again and I am wondering if she has dropped out. I miss running with her on Saturdays. I ran on Sunday and took Monday off. I had a great run this morning and actually saw 3 other people out running. I normally only see very fast drivers who seem to be angry I am even on the road. I hate that. One of our neighbors is the worst of the bunch. He never moves his vehicle over in the lane, but races right close by me. I can feel the wind and heat from his big old redneck Ford.

Mentally I am feeling a little better this week, although our constant rain is getting to me, and it was exceptionally difficult to crawl out of bed at 5:50 this morning. I felt fantastic when the run was all said and done, so it is worth the effort. My hip is still tender, but at least I don't feel like I am going to fall down when I stand up.

The summer sun is supposed to return this afternoon. I sure hope so. I am longing for it. It was a very wet and very dreary winter, and I really need some sun to re-energize. I am very solar driven.

No comments: