Monday, July 2, 2007

Back to the weekly grind

Saturday was the long run. The trail we run was busy! There are several clubs training for the Bellingham Marathon in October so there was a ton of foot traffic. It gets a little distracting for me. For some reason my legs were super tight after the run and are still tight this morning. Yesterday morning I woke up and felt like a cripple. I haven't had trouble with my calves like this in the past. I stretched before and after and stretched yesterday too. I did my run this morning and increased my time to 50 minutes and will run 50 minutes all 4 days this week. Saturday is the Chuckanut Footrace. I am excited for my first official run! Hopefully my running partner's shin splints are healed by then. Those are so so painful.

The weather has improved dramatically and it is so nice to run in the morning sun instead of the constant patter of rain. I need to get a hat this week. The run back toward the house is directly in to the rising sun and it was tough on my eyes this morning.

I ordered Nancy Clark's Nutrition Guide for Marathon Runners. It was recommended on several sites and I really think I need a concrete guide to be able to read and follow. I am most worried right now about my nutrition and making sure I get adequate levels of carbs, protiens and fats. I want to be healthy and strong come October. I want to make sure I am adequately fueled for both the training and the marathon itself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You write very well.